Experimental Melbourne CBD Long Range Weather Forecast

Based Upon Statistical Interpretation of NOAA Data

Combined With Human Forecasts

(http://www.arl.noaa.gov/ready.html)

NOAA Data At: 10am, 13-1-2021

Minimum temperatures are for the night/early morning, maximum temperatures are for the daytime,
whilst precipitation amounts and probabilities are for the 24 hours from midnight.

Temperatures for the Melbourne observation site (at Olympic Park) are in brackets.

Day & DateMorningAfternoonMin
Temp
(deg C)
Max
Temp
(deg C)
Precip
Amount
(mm)
Precip
Prob
(%)
9am Wind/
3pm Wind
Melb Apt
(km/hr)
Thu-14-1-2021Partly Cloudy.
Cloudy.
15.2
(14.8)
23.6
(22.3)
025SW 20
SSW 20
Gusts45
Fri-15-1-2021Shower.
Shower.
12.7
(12.7)
20.7
(19.4)
0.457WSW 25
SSW 30
Gusts60
Sat-16-1-2021Possible Shower.
Possible Shower.
13.2
(13.1)
21.8
(20.3)
041WSW 25
SSW 30
Gusts60
Sun-17-1-2021Cloudy.
Cloudy.
14.3
(14.1)
22.2
(20.7)
035SW 20
SSW 20
Gusts45
Mon-18-1-2021Partly Cloudy.
Cloudy.
14.5
(14.3)
22.7
(21.3)
027SW 20
SSW 20
Gusts45
Tue-19-1-2021Partly Cloudy.
Cloudy.
14.4
(14.2)
22.1
(20.3)
022WSW 25
SSW 30
Gusts60
Wed-20-1-2021Partly Cloudy.
Sunny.
14.2
(13.6)
25.2
(23.7)
014SSE 12
S 20
Gusts40
Thu-21-1-2021Sunny.
Partly Cloudy.
15
(14.3)
30.2
(29.2)
012N 20
N 20
Gusts50
Fri-22-1-2021Partly Cloudy.
Possible Shower.
18.9
(18.1)
30.9
(29.9)
047N 20
N 20
Gusts50
Sat-23-1-2021Partly Cloudy.
Partly Cloudy.
18.5
(17.7)
30.6
(29.5)
020N 10
S 15
Gusts45
Sun-24-1-2021Sunny.
Partly Cloudy.
18.1
(17.3)
31.5
(30.4)
011N 10
S 15
Gusts45
Mon-25-1-2021Cloudy.
Cloudy.
18.8
(18)
31.5
(30.7)
038N 35
N 25
Gusts60
Tue-26-1-2021Partly Cloudy.
Cloudy.
18.8
(18)
32.1
(31.5)
039N 20
N 20
Gusts50
Wed-27-1-2021Possible Shower.
Possible Shower.
18.8
(18.1)
30.6
(29.7)
045N 35
NNW 30
Gusts70

The Weather Icons

Acknowledgement: Bureau of Meteorology & World Meteorological Organisation

Sunny
Dry
Haze
Mist
Fog
Partly Cloudy
Cloudy
Windy
Dust

Possible Shower
Drizzle
Shower
Snow
Rain
Thunder
Cyclone

Definitions

IconMeaning
Sunny:Sun shines >75% of the time
Dry: As 'sunny', but used on days when Max > 30 Deg C
& Relative Humidity drops below 10%
Haze: As 'sunny', but used on days when visibility drops
below 5000 m due to smoke
Mist: Visibility below 5000 m due to water droplets but above 1000 m
(also used on days when isolated fog patches)
Fog: Visibility below 1000 m
Partly Cloudy: Sun shines between 25% & 75% of the time
Cloudy: Sun shines <25% of the time
Windy: No precipitation & wind speed averages
'fresh' (18 kts) or stronger
Dust: Visibility <1km due to dust raised by wind
Possible Shower: Isolated light precipitation <25% of the metropolitan area
Drizzle: Liquid precipitation that is almost continuous
& made up of fine droplets
Shower: Brief periods of liquid precipitation
Snow: Snow or sleet falls (includes cases of flurries and/or ice)
Rain: Liquid precipitation that is almost continuous
but droplets are of medium size or large (not fine)
Thunder: Thunder heard or lightning seen
Cyclone: Wind speed averages 'storm force' (60 kts) or stronger


Weather Pattern for Thu-14-1-2021:
Low over south Tasman Sea.
Moderate unstable southwesterly flow across Victoria.

Bay Forecast

20 knot S to SW wind.
Waves of 1.5 to 2 metres.

Melbourne Terminal Aerodrome Forecast (TAF)

TAF YMML 1212 27010KT 9999 FEW035
FM21 25012KT 9999 SCT035
FM03 23015G30KT 9999 FEW035

RMK
T 21 17 14 17 Q 1010 1010 1010 1012


THREE MONTH OUTLOOK FOR FEB/MAR/APR:

NCEP's Depiction of the Global Sea Surface Temperature Evolution

The average Indian Ocean Dipole Mode Index for the past week is -0.24 (-0.46 standard deviations), the average Southern Oscillation Index (SOI) for the past 90 days is 10.62, the average SOI for the past 30 days (click here for a picture of recent trends) is 19.4, and the latest recorded bimonthly Multivariate ENSO Index (MEI) is -1.16. The expected MEI, adjusted by the Indian Ocean Dipole Mode Index and also by recent values of the SOI, for DEC/JAN is -0.88. Such a value of MEI indicates a sea surface temperature distribution that corresponds to a weak La Niña. This suggests:

RAINFALL: There is a slightly enhanced chance that total FEB/MAR/APR rainfall will be above normal in the NORTHERN COUNTRY District, there is a slightly enhanced chance that rainfall will be below normal in the EAST GIPPSLAND District, there is a very slightly enhanced chance that rainfall will be below normal in the WEST GIPPSLAND District, but there is little indication as to whether rainfall will be below, near or above normal in other Victorian Districts.

OVERNIGHT TEMPERATURES: There is a slightly enhanced chance that average FEB/MAR/APR overnight temperatures will be above normal in the MALLEE and NORTHERN COUNTRY Districts, there is a very slightly enhanced chance that overnight temperatures will be above normal in the NORTH CENTRAL and NORTHEAST Districts, there is a slightly enhanced chance that overnight temperatures will be below normal in the WIMMERA District, but there is little indication as to whether overnight temperatures will be below, near or above normal in other Victorian Districts.

DAYTIME TEMPERATURES: There is a slightly enhanced chance that average FEB/MAR/APR daytime temperatures will be above normal in the WIMMERA, CENTRAL and WESTERN Districts, but there is little indication as to whether daytime temperatures will be below, near or above normal in other Victorian Districts.



30 DAY OUTLOOK FOR MELBOURNE:

Today's scientists talk in terms of the continent's large climate variability from season to season, and from year to year. What causes these fluctuations? They are, in part, connected with the climate phenomenon called the Southern Oscillation, a major air pressure shift between the Asian and east Pacific regions whose best-known extremes are El Niño events and La Niña events. The Pacific Ocean is a huge mass of water which controls many climate features in its region. Its equatorial expanse, far larger than the Indian or Atlantic Oceans, is critical to the development of the Southern Oscillation and the El Niño and the La Niña. The Multivariate ENSO (El Niño Southern Oscillation) Index, which combines the Sea Surface Temperature (SST) distribution across the Pacific with various features of the atmospheric circulation, is used to monitor the evolution of the El Niño and Southern Oscillation phenomena. The MEI is a bimonthly index which is calculated at the end of each month. The most recent MEI is -1.16 standard deviations. This reflects a moderate La Niña event. This most recent value may be adjusted by taking into account the values of the Southern Oscillation Index averaged over the past 30 and 90 days to yield a more representative expected current value of the MEI. The expected MEI is -1.3 standard deviations. This would reflect a strong La Niña event.

Another region of Sea Surface Temperature variability that impacts on Australian climate is that of the Indian Ocean. One mode of variability that appears to affect Australian rainfall, particularly the south east of the country, is the Indian Ocean Dipole (IOD). The IOD referred to here is defined by an index that is the difference between SST in the western (50°-70°E, 0°S-10°N) and eastern (90°-110°E, 10°-0°S) tropical Indian Oceans. A positive Indian Ocean Dipole Mode Index (DMI) occurs when the western basin is warmer than average and the eastern basin is cool and hence the DMI is positive. These regions were proposed in a paper by Saji et al. (1999) on the Indian Ocean Dipole that showed a modulation in Australian seasonal rainfall with DMI positive and negative years. The current Indian Ocean Dipole Mode Index (DMI) is -0.46 standard deviations. This reflects a mildly negative Indian Ocean Dipole.

Also impacting upon Australian climate variability is a phenomenon known as the Intra Seasonal Oscillation (ISO) (also known as the Madden-Julian Oscillation (MJO), after Madden and Julian, who first identified it in the early 1970s). They discovered that, at many locations in the tropics, surface pressure and upper atmospheric winds tend to go through a coherent cycle over periods of about 40 to 50 days. It has been found that a broad area of active cloud and rainfall propagates eastwards around the equator at intervals of between about 40 and 50 days. These are not strict time limits - research over the years has pushed the limits of the oscillation's period to between about 30 and 60 days. The Madden-Julian Oscillation (MJO) is presently operating in Phase 3. This is reflected in the near-equatorial enhanced convection being found over the over the eastern Indian Ocean. Following Phase 3, the region of enhanced convection often moves from the eastern Indian Ocean to the western part of what is referred to as the Maritime Continent (Indonesia).

In Melbourne, at this time of the year, a combination of the MEI, the DMI, and the MJO Phase, such as what we have operating now, suggests, over the following 30 days:

RAINFALL: There is a 14% chance of it being wet, a 28% chance of normal rainfall, and a 58% chance of it being dry.

Wet
Weather
Dry
Weather
Normal
Weather


OVERNIGHT TEMPERATURES:
There is a 33% chance of warm nights, a 33% chance of normal overnight temperatures, and a 34% chance of cool nights.

Warm
Nights
Cool
Nights
Normal
Nights


DAYTIME TEMPERATURES: There is a 29% chance of warm days, a 33% chance of normal daytime temperatures, and a 38% chance of cool days.
Warm
Days
Cool
Days
Normal
Days


INPUT DATA

Day & DateMSLPmelMSLPhayMSLPsmiMSLPgabMSLPmtgMSLPfor700
rhmel
850
temp
min
9am
12noon
3pm
3pmdpt

gfsprecip
syn
type
offprecis
climatology
prob
TS
prob
FOG
raw
MIN
raw
MAX
raw
PoP
raw
QPF
Initial10121011.61013.11014.21010.71014.83.616.615.1
18.7
24.7
26.6
15.1
--------
Thu-14-1-20211013.11012.51011.31010.51015.11020.6305.3025PARTLY CLOUDY
15-23 15.4-24.3 30% 0-0.4 (19% 0)
3.8%1%13.521.746.9%2.7
Fri-15-1-20211009.81012.31004.41005.51014.11022.4302.12.441SHOWER OR TWO
12-19 12-20.3 50% 1- 3 (47% 1)
5.9%0%12.619.874.6%5.6
Sat-16-1-20211016.31017.61011.21010.81020.11023.646.32.90.941PARTLY CLOUDY
13-21 13.1-22.5 30% 0- 1 (21% 0)
4%0%12.219.460.8%3.2
Sun-17-1-20211018.71018.41016.31014.31021.31023.5414.60.325PARTLY CLOUDY
14-21 14.2-22.5 20% 0- 0 (23% 0)
4%0.3%12.420.735.8%2.1
Mon-18-1-20211016.71016.41011.91012.51019.91023.532.97.1025PARTLY CLOUDY
14-21 14.2-22.4 30% 0-0.2 (25% 0)
3.9%0.3%13.221.743.9%2.6
Tue-19-1-20211019.81018.11017.31013.11024.11023.3300041CLOUDY
15-21 15.2-22.8 20% 0- 0 (26% 0)
3.6%0%11.418.949.6%1.9
Wed-20-1-20211023.71019.91025.81023.61025.71018.6305.9030MOSTLY SUNNY
13-24 13.6-25.5 5% 0- 0 (19% 0
0.4%0.9%12.721.39.3%1.1
Thu-21-1-202110201018.71021.61022.61018.61011.93011.6034Empty
15.7-26.8 27% 1.6
4.2%2.8%13.131.68.1%1.8
Fri-22-1-202110151013.81015.71016.91013.31011.69014.42.634Empty
15.7-26.8 27% 1.6
8.6%1.1%19.432.418.3%3.2
Sat-23-1-20211014.31013.31015.51016.71014.21010.36417.3018Empty
15.7-26.8 27% 1.6
4.9%1.9%1933.414%6.3
Sun-24-1-20211014.810151016.31017.210141005.155.620.9018Empty
15.7-26.8 27% 1.6
4.1%1.9%1935.64.7%7.5
Mon-25-1-20211015.11015.31014.510181012.41004.974.719.52.220Empty
15.7-26.8 27% 1.6
8.6%0.1%20.536.35.9%1.6
Tue-26-1-20211014.41014.310151017.31010.51009.969.718134Empty
15.7-26.8 27% 1.6
7.3%1.6%20.435.715.3%2.8
Wed-27-1-20211015.51015.71015.51018.81014.61015.687.319.50.519Empty
15.7-26.8 27% 1.6
14.5%0.1%20.533.327.2%5.9
Day 151019.31016.81019.71019.61018.81014.780.917.90.3oooooooooooooooooooooooo

DAYDATEWEATHER
(Melbourne)
WIND
(Melbourne Airport)
TEMPERATURES, RAINFALL, PHENOMENA
(Melbourne Olympic Park Site)
WEEK 1
Thu14-1-2021A mild night then a mild to warm day. Sunny periods during the morning. Becoming cloudy during the afternoon, but without precipitation.
PRECIS: BECOMING CLOUDY
Mainly moderate wind, from a southwesterly direction at about 20 km/hr during the morning and from a south to southwesterly direction, also at about 20 km/hr, during the afternoon. Gusts to around 45 km/hr.TEMPERATURES 14.8°C to 22.3°C
RAINFALL 0mm (amount) 25% (probability)
FOG 1% (probability)
THUNDER 4% (probability)
Fri15-1-2021A cool night then a mild day. Cloudy at times with a few showers.
PRECIS: SHOWERS
Mainly moderate to fresh wind, from a west to southwesterly direction at about 25 km/hr during the morning and from a south to southwesterly direction at about 30 km/hr during the afternoon. Gusts to around 60 km/hr.TEMPERATURES 12.7°C to 19.4°C
RAINFALL 0.4mm (amount) 57% (probability)
FOG 0% (probability)
THUNDER 6% (probability)
Sat16-1-2021A cool night then a mild day. Cloudy at times with just the chance of a shower or two.
PRECIS: POSSIBLE SHOWER
Mainly moderate to fresh wind, from a west to southwesterly direction at about 25 km/hr during the morning and from a south to southwesterly direction at about 30 km/hr during the afternoon. Gusts to around 60 km/hr.TEMPERATURES 13.1°C to 20.3°C
RAINFALL 0mm (amount) 41% (probability)
FOG 0% (probability)
THUNDER 4% (probability)
Sun17-1-2021A mild night then a mild day. Cloudy but without precipitation.
PRECIS: CLOUDY
Mainly moderate wind, from a southwesterly direction at about 20 km/hr during the morning and from a south to southwesterly direction, also at about 20 km/hr, during the afternoon. Gusts to around 45 km/hr.TEMPERATURES 14.1°C to 20.7°C
RAINFALL 0mm (amount) 35% (probability)
FOG 0% (probability)
THUNDER 4% (probability)
Mon18-1-2021A mild night then a mild day. Sunny periods during the morning. Becoming cloudy during the afternoon, but without precipitation.
PRECIS: BECOMING CLOUDY
Mainly moderate wind, from a southwesterly direction at about 20 km/hr during the morning and from a south to southwesterly direction, also at about 20 km/hr, during the afternoon. Gusts to around 45 km/hr.TEMPERATURES 14.3°C to 21.3°C
RAINFALL 0mm (amount) 27% (probability)
FOG 0% (probability)
THUNDER 4% (probability)
Tue19-1-2021A mild night then a mild day. Sunny periods during the morning. Becoming cloudy during the afternoon, but without precipitation.
PRECIS: BECOMING CLOUDY
Mainly moderate to fresh wind, from a west to southwesterly direction at about 25 km/hr during the morning and from a south to southwesterly direction at about 30 km/hr during the afternoon. Gusts to around 60 km/hr.TEMPERATURES 14.2°C to 20.3°C
RAINFALL 0mm (amount) 22% (probability)
FOG 0% (probability)
THUNDER 4% (probability)
Wed20-1-2021A cool night then a mild to warm day. Cloudy at times during the morning, but without precipitation. A sunny afternoon.
PRECIS: BECOMING SUNNY
Mainly light to moderate wind, from a south to southeasterly direction at about 12 km/hr during the morning and from a southerly direction at about 20 km/hr during the afternoon. Gusts to around 40 km/hr.TEMPERATURES 13.6°C to 23.7°C
RAINFALL 0mm (amount) 14% (probability)
FOG 1% (probability)
THUNDER 0% (probability)

DAYDATEWEATHER
(Melbourne)
WIND
(Melbourne Airport)
TEMPERATURES, RAINFALL, PHENOMENA
(Melbourne Olympic Park Site)
WEEK 2
Thu21-1-2021A mild night then a very warm day. A sunny morning. Cloudy at times during the afternoon, but without precipitation.
PRECIS: CLOUD INCREASING
Mainly moderate wind, from a northerly direction at about 20 km/hr during the morning and continuing to be from a northerly direction, also at about 20 km/hr, during the afternoon. Gusts to around 50 km/hr.TEMPERATURES 14.3°C to 29.2°C
RAINFALL 0mm (amount) 12% (probability)
FOG 3% (probability)
THUNDER 4% (probability)
Fri22-1-2021A very mild night then a very warm day. Cloud increasing. The chance of a shower or two developing during the afternoon.
PRECIS: POSSIBLE SHOWER
Mainly moderate wind, from a northerly direction at about 20 km/hr during the morning and continuing to be from a northerly direction, also at about 20 km/hr, during the afternoon. Gusts to around 50 km/hr.TEMPERATURES 18.1°C to 29.9°C
RAINFALL 0mm (amount) 47% (probability)
FOG 1% (probability)
THUNDER 9% (probability)
Sat23-1-2021A mild night then a very warm day. Cloudy at times, but without precipitation.
PRECIS: PARTLY CLOUDY
Mainly moderate wind, from a northerly direction at about 10 km/hr during the morning and from a southerly direction at about 15 km/hr during the afternoon. Gusts to around 45 km/hr.TEMPERATURES 17.7°C to 29.5°C
RAINFALL 0mm (amount) 20% (probability)
FOG 2% (probability)
THUNDER 5% (probability)
Sun24-1-2021A mild night then a very warm day. A sunny morning. Cloudy at times during the afternoon, but without precipitation.
PRECIS: CLOUD INCREASING
Mainly moderate wind, from a northerly direction at about 10 km/hr during the morning and from a southerly direction at about 15 km/hr during the afternoon. Gusts to around 45 km/hr.TEMPERATURES 17.3°C to 30.4°C
RAINFALL 0mm (amount) 11% (probability)
FOG 2% (probability)
THUNDER 4% (probability)
Mon25-1-2021A very mild night then a very warm day. Cloudy but without precipitation.
PRECIS: CLOUDY
Mainly moderate to fresh wind, from a northerly direction at about 35 km/hr during the morning and continuing to be from a northerly direction, but at about 25 km/hr, during the afternoon. Gusts to around 60 km/hr.TEMPERATURES 18°C to 30.7°C
RAINFALL 0mm (amount) 38% (probability)
FOG 0% (probability)
THUNDER 9% (probability)
Tue26-1-2021A very mild night then a very warm to hot day. Sunny periods during the morning. Becoming cloudy during the afternoon, but without precipitation.
PRECIS: BECOMING CLOUDY
Mainly moderate wind, from a northerly direction at about 20 km/hr during the morning and continuing to be from a northerly direction, also at about 20 km/hr, during the afternoon. Gusts to around 50 km/hr.TEMPERATURES 18°C to 31.5°C
RAINFALL 0mm (amount) 39% (probability)
FOG 2% (probability)
THUNDER 7% (probability)
Wed27-1-2021A very mild night then a very warm day. Cloudy at times with just the chance of a shower or two.
PRECIS: POSSIBLE SHOWER
Mainly fresh wind, from a northerly direction at about 35 km/hr during the morning and from a north to northwesterly direction at about 30 km/hr during the afternoon. Gusts to around 70 km/hr.TEMPERATURES 18.1°C to 29.7°C
RAINFALL 0mm (amount) 45% (probability)
FOG 0% (probability)
THUNDER 15% (probability)

DAYDATEWEATHER
(Melbourne)
WIND
(Melbourne City)
TEMPERATURES, RAINFALL, PHENOMENA
(Melbourne Olympic Park Site)
WEEK 1
Thu14-1-2021A mild night then a mild to warm day. Sunny periods during the morning. Becoming cloudy during the afternoon, but without precipitation.
PRECIS: BECOMING CLOUDY
Mainly moderate wind, from a southwesterly direction at about 20 km/hr during the morning and from a south to southwesterly direction, also at about 20 km/hr, during the afternoon. Gusts to around 45 km/hr.TEMPERATURES 14.8°C to 22.3°C
RAINFALL 0mm (amount) 25% (probability)
FOG 1% (probability)
THUNDER 4% (probability)
Fri15-1-2021A cool night then a mild day. Cloudy at times with a few showers.
PRECIS: SHOWERS
Mainly moderate to fresh wind, from a west to southwesterly direction at about 25 km/hr during the morning and from a south to southwesterly direction at about 30 km/hr during the afternoon. Gusts to around 60 km/hr.TEMPERATURES 12.7°C to 19.4°C
RAINFALL 0.4mm (amount) 57% (probability)
FOG 0% (probability)
THUNDER 6% (probability)
Sat16-1-2021A cool night then a mild day. Cloudy at times with just the chance of a shower or two.
PRECIS: POSSIBLE SHOWER
Mainly moderate to fresh wind, from a west to southwesterly direction at about 25 km/hr during the morning and from a south to southwesterly direction at about 30 km/hr during the afternoon. Gusts to around 60 km/hr.TEMPERATURES 13.1°C to 20.3°C
RAINFALL 0mm (amount) 41% (probability)
FOG 0% (probability)
THUNDER 4% (probability)
Sun17-1-2021A mild night then a mild day. Cloudy but without precipitation.
PRECIS: CLOUDY
Mainly moderate wind, from a southwesterly direction at about 20 km/hr during the morning and from a south to southwesterly direction, also at about 20 km/hr, during the afternoon. Gusts to around 45 km/hr.TEMPERATURES 14.1°C to 20.7°C
RAINFALL 0mm (amount) 35% (probability)
FOG 0% (probability)
THUNDER 4% (probability)
Mon18-1-2021A mild night then a mild day. Sunny periods during the morning. Becoming cloudy during the afternoon, but without precipitation.
PRECIS: BECOMING CLOUDY
Mainly moderate wind, from a southwesterly direction at about 20 km/hr during the morning and from a south to southwesterly direction, also at about 20 km/hr, during the afternoon. Gusts to around 45 km/hr.TEMPERATURES 14.3°C to 21.3°C
RAINFALL 0mm (amount) 27% (probability)
FOG 0% (probability)
THUNDER 4% (probability)
Tue19-1-2021A mild night then a mild day. Sunny periods during the morning. Becoming cloudy during the afternoon, but without precipitation.
PRECIS: BECOMING CLOUDY
Mainly moderate to fresh wind, from a west to southwesterly direction at about 25 km/hr during the morning and from a south to southwesterly direction at about 30 km/hr during the afternoon. Gusts to around 60 km/hr.TEMPERATURES 14.2°C to 20.3°C
RAINFALL 0mm (amount) 22% (probability)
FOG 0% (probability)
THUNDER 4% (probability)
Wed20-1-2021A cool night then a mild to warm day. Cloudy at times during the morning, but without precipitation. A sunny afternoon.
PRECIS: BECOMING SUNNY
Mainly light to moderate wind, from a south to southeasterly direction at about 12 km/hr during the morning and from a southerly direction at about 20 km/hr during the afternoon. Gusts to around 40 km/hr.TEMPERATURES 13.6°C to 23.7°C
RAINFALL 0mm (amount) 14% (probability)
FOG 1% (probability)
THUNDER 0% (probability)

DAYDATEWEATHER
(Melbourne)
WIND
(Melbourne City)
TEMPERATURES, RAINFALL, PHENOMENA
(Melbourne Olympic Park Site)
WEEK 2
Thu21-1-2021A mild night then a very warm day. A sunny morning. Cloudy at times during the afternoon, but without precipitation.
PRECIS: CLOUD INCREASING
Mainly moderate wind, from a northerly direction at about 20 km/hr during the morning and continuing to be from a northerly direction, also at about 20 km/hr, during the afternoon. Gusts to around 50 km/hr.TEMPERATURES 14.3°C to 29.2°C
RAINFALL 0mm (amount) 12% (probability)
FOG 3% (probability)
THUNDER 4% (probability)
Fri22-1-2021A very mild night then a very warm day. Cloud increasing. The chance of a shower or two developing during the afternoon.
PRECIS: POSSIBLE SHOWER
Mainly moderate wind, from a northerly direction at about 20 km/hr during the morning and continuing to be from a northerly direction, also at about 20 km/hr, during the afternoon. Gusts to around 50 km/hr.TEMPERATURES 18.1°C to 29.9°C
RAINFALL 0mm (amount) 47% (probability)
FOG 1% (probability)
THUNDER 9% (probability)
Sat23-1-2021A mild night then a very warm day. Cloudy at times, but without precipitation.
PRECIS: PARTLY CLOUDY
Mainly moderate wind, from a northerly direction at about 10 km/hr during the morning and from a southerly direction at about 15 km/hr during the afternoon. Gusts to around 45 km/hr.TEMPERATURES 17.7°C to 29.5°C
RAINFALL 0mm (amount) 20% (probability)
FOG 2% (probability)
THUNDER 5% (probability)
Sun24-1-2021A mild night then a very warm day. A sunny morning. Cloudy at times during the afternoon, but without precipitation.
PRECIS: CLOUD INCREASING
Mainly moderate wind, from a northerly direction at about 10 km/hr during the morning and from a southerly direction at about 15 km/hr during the afternoon. Gusts to around 45 km/hr.TEMPERATURES 17.3°C to 30.4°C
RAINFALL 0mm (amount) 11% (probability)
FOG 2% (probability)
THUNDER 4% (probability)
Mon25-1-2021A very mild night then a very warm day. Cloudy but without precipitation.
PRECIS: CLOUDY
Mainly moderate to fresh wind, from a northerly direction at about 35 km/hr during the morning and continuing to be from a northerly direction, but at about 25 km/hr, during the afternoon. Gusts to around 60 km/hr.TEMPERATURES 18°C to 30.7°C
RAINFALL 0mm (amount) 38% (probability)
FOG 0% (probability)
THUNDER 9% (probability)
Tue26-1-2021A very mild night then a very warm to hot day. Sunny periods during the morning. Becoming cloudy during the afternoon, but without precipitation.
PRECIS: BECOMING CLOUDY
Mainly moderate wind, from a northerly direction at about 20 km/hr during the morning and continuing to be from a northerly direction, also at about 20 km/hr, during the afternoon. Gusts to around 50 km/hr.TEMPERATURES 18°C to 31.5°C
RAINFALL 0mm (amount) 39% (probability)
FOG 2% (probability)
THUNDER 7% (probability)
Wed27-1-2021A very mild night then a very warm day. Cloudy at times with just the chance of a shower or two.
PRECIS: POSSIBLE SHOWER
Mainly fresh wind, from a northerly direction at about 35 km/hr during the morning and from a north to northwesterly direction at about 30 km/hr during the afternoon. Gusts to around 70 km/hr.TEMPERATURES 18.1°C to 29.7°C
RAINFALL 0mm (amount) 45% (probability)
FOG 0% (probability)
THUNDER 15% (probability)