Experimental Melbourne CBD Long Range Weather Forecast

Based Upon Statistical Interpretation of NOAA Data

Combined With Human Forecasts

(http://www.arl.noaa.gov/ready.html)

NOAA Data At: 10am, 14-4-2019

Minimum temperatures are for the night/early morning, maximum temperatures are for the daytime,
whilst precipitation amounts and probabilities are for the 24 hours from midnight.

Temperatures for the new Melbourne observation site (at Olympic Park) are in brackets.

Day & DateMorningAfternoonMin
Temp
(deg C)
Max
Temp
(deg C)
Precip
Amount
(mm)
Precip
Prob
(%)
9am Wind/
3pm Wind
Melb Apt
(km/hr)
Mon-15-4-2019Fog.
Partly Cloudy.
14.4
(13.7)
25.7
(25.2)
07N 15
NNE 15
Gusts45
Tue-16-4-2019Sunny.
Sunny.
17.4
(16.6)
27.8
(27.5)
04N 25
N 25
Gusts55
Wed-17-4-2019Windy.
Windy.
19.5
(18.7)
27.6
(27.9)
024N 35
N 35
Gusts70
Thu-18-4-2019Possible Shower.
Partly Cloudy.
15.3
(14.9)
20.2
(19.1)
045WSW 15
S 15
Gusts35
Fri-19-4-2019Fog.
Haze.
12
(11.4)
25.3
(24.4)
02NW 5
SSE 10
Gusts30
Sat-20-4-2019Partly Cloudy.
Partly Cloudy.
15.4
(14.6)
28.2
(28.1)
025N 15
NNE 15
Gusts45
Sun-21-4-2019Shower.
Shower.
18.2
(17.6)
24.9
(25)
3.366N 30
N 25
Gusts60
Mon-22-4-2019Shower.
Rain.
12.8
(12.7)
18.2
(17.5)
1.970WNW 20
W 25
Gusts55
Tue-23-4-2019Shower.
Shower.
12.1
(12)
18.7
(18.2)
1.360WNW 20
W 25
Gusts55
Wed-24-4-2019Windy.
Windy.
12.1
(11.8)
19.9
(19.9)
032N 35
N 35
Gusts65
Thu-25-4-2019Shower.
Rain.
12.6
(12.6)
19
(18.8)
2.772WNW 20
W 25
Gusts55
Fri-26-4-2019Cloudy.
Shower.
11.8
(11.9)
18.9
(18.2)
1.158WNW 20
W 25
Gusts55
Sat-27-4-2019Partly Cloudy.
Cloudy.
11.9
(11.7)
19.5
(19.2)
026WNW 20
W 25
Gusts55
Sun-28-4-2019Partly Cloudy.
Cloudy.
11.4
(11.2)
20.5
(20)
024N 25
N 25
Gusts50

The Weather Icons

Acknowledgement: Bureau of Meteorology & World Meteorological Organisation

Sunny
Dry
Haze
Mist
Fog
Partly Cloudy
Cloudy
Windy
Dust

Possible Shower
Drizzle
Shower
Snow
Rain
Thunder
Cyclone

Definitions

IconMeaning
Sunny:Sun shines >75% of the time
Dry: As 'sunny', but used on days when Max > 30 Deg C
& Relative Humidity drops below 10%
Haze: As 'sunny', but used on days when visibility drops
below 5000 m due to smoke
Mist: Visibility below 5000 m due to water droplets but above 1000 m
(also used on days when isolated fog patches)
Fog: Visibility below 1000 m
Partly Cloudy: Sun shines between 25% & 75% of the time
Cloudy: Sun shines <25% of the time
Windy: No precipitation & wind speed averages
'fresh' (18 kts) or stronger
Dust: Visibility <1km due to dust raised by wind
Possible Shower: Isolated light precipitation <25% of the metropolitan area
Drizzle: Liquid precipitation that is almost continuous
& made up of fine droplets
Shower: Brief periods of liquid precipitation
Snow: Snow or sleet falls (includes cases of flurries and/or ice)
Rain: Liquid precipitation that is almost continuous
but droplets are of medium size or large (not fine)
Thunder: Thunder heard or lightning seen
Cyclone: Wind speed averages 'storm force' (60 kts) or stronger


Weather Pattern for Mon-15-4-2019:
High over south Tasman Sea.
Moderate northeasterly flow across Victoria.

Bay Forecast

N to NE wind grading 5 to 15 knots southwards.
Waves similarly grading 0.5 to 1 metre southwards.

Melbourne Terminal Aerodrome Forecast (TAF)

TAF YMML 1212 01008KT CAVOK
FM21 01015G30KT
FM03 01008KT

RMK
T 18 15 13 14 Q 1025 1023 1021 1021


THREE MONTH OUTLOOK FOR MAY/JUN/JUL:

NCEP's Depiction of the Global Sea Surface Temperature Evolution

The average Indian Ocean Dipole Mode Index for the past week is -0.19 (-0.37 standard deviations), the average Southern Oscillation Index (SOI) for the past 90 days is -4.61, the average SOI for the past 30 days is -15.07, andthe latest recorded bimonthly Multivariate ENSO Index (MEI) is 0.731. The expected MEI, adjusted by the Indian Ocean Dipole Mode Index and also by recent values of the SOI, for MAR/APR is 0.15. Such a value of MEI indicates a sea surface temperature distribution that corresponds to a very weak El Niño. This suggests:

RAINFALL: There is little indication as to whether total MAY/JUN/JUL rainfall will be below, near or above normal in Victorian Districts.

OVERNIGHT TEMPERATURES: There is a very slightly enhanced chance that average MAY/JUN/JUL overnight temperatures will be above normal in the CENTRAL and WIMMERA Districts, but there is little indication as to whether overnight temperatures will be below, near or above normal in other Victorian Districts.

DAYTIME TEMPERATURES: There is a very slightly enhanced chance that average MAY/JUN/JUL daytime temperatures will be below normal in the WESTERN District, there is a very slightly enhanced chance that average MAY/JUN/JUL daytime temperatures will be above normal in the MALLEE, NORTHERN COUNTRY, EAST GIPPSLAND and CENTRAL Districts, but there is little indication as to whether daytime temperatures will be below, near or above normal in other Victorian Districts.



30 DAY OUTLOOK FOR MELBOURNE:

Today's scientists talk in terms of the continent's large climate variability from season to season, and from year to year. What causes these fluctuations? They are, in part, connected with the climate phenomenon called the Southern Oscillation, a major air pressure shift between the Asian and east Pacific regions whose best-known extremes are El Niño events and La Niña events. The Pacific Ocean is a huge mass of water which controls many climate features in its region. Its equatorial expanse, far larger than the Indian or Atlantic Oceans, is critical to the development of the Southern Oscillation and the El Niño and the La Niña. The Multivariate ENSO (El Niño Southern Oscillation) Index, which combines the Sea Surface Temperature (SST) distribution across the Pacific with various features of the atmospheric circulation, is used to monitor the evolution of the El Niño and Southern Oscillation phenomena. The MEI is a bimonthly index which is calculated at the end of each month. The most recent MEI is 0.731 standard deviations. This reflects a mild El Niño event. This most recent value may be adjusted by taking into account the values of the Southern Oscillation Index averaged over the past 30 and 90 days to yield a more representative expected current value of the MEI. The expected MEI is 0.66 standard deviations. This would reflect a mild El Niño event.

Another region of Sea Surface Temperature variability that impacts on Australian climate is that of the Indian Ocean. One mode of variability that appears to affect Australian rainfall, particularly the south east of the country, is the Indian Ocean Dipole (IOD). The IOD referred to here is defined by an index that is the difference between SST in the western (50°-70°E, 0°S-10°N) and eastern (90°-110°E, 10°-0°S) tropical Indian Oceans. A positive Indian Ocean Dipole Mode Index (DMI) occurs when the western basin is warmer than average and the eastern basin is cool and hence the DMI is positive. These regions were proposed in a paper by Saji et al. (1999) on the Indian Ocean Dipole that showed a modulation in Australian seasonal rainfall with DMI positive and negative years. The current Indian Ocean Dipole Mode Index (DMI) is -0.37 standard deviations. This reflects a mildly negative Indian Ocean Dipole.

Also impacting upon Australian climate variability is a phenomenon known as the Intra Seasonal Oscillation (ISO) (also known as the Madden-Julian Oscillation (MJO), after Madden and Julian, who first identified it in the early 1970s). They discovered that, at many locations in the tropics, surface pressure and upper atmospheric winds tend to go through a coherent cycle over periods of about 40 to 50 days. It has been found that a broad area of active cloud and rainfall propagates eastwards around the equator at intervals of between about 40 and 50 days. These are not strict time limits - research over the years has pushed the limits of the oscillation's period to between about 30 and 60 days. The Madden-Julian Oscillation (MJO) is presently operating in Phase 4. This is reflected in the near-equatorial enhanced convection being found over the over the western part of what is referred to as the Maritime Continent (Indonesia). Following Phase 4, the region of enhanced convection often moves from the western part of Indonesia to the eastern part of Indonesia.

In Melbourne, at this time of the year, a combination of the MEI, the DMI, and the MJO Phase, such as what we have operating now, suggests, over the following 30 days:

RAINFALL: There is a 25% chance of it being wet, a 32% chance of normal rainfall, and a 43% chance of it being dry.

Wet
Weather
Dry
Weather
Normal
Weather


OVERNIGHT TEMPERATURES:
There is a 37% chance of warm nights, a 33% chance of normal overnight temperatures, and a 30% chance of cool nights.

Warm
Nights
Cool
Nights
Normal
Nights


DAYTIME TEMPERATURES: There is a 34% chance of warm days, a 33% chance of normal daytime temperatures, and a 33% chance of cool days.
Warm
Days
Cool
Days
Normal
Days


INPUT DATA

Day & DateMSLPmelMSLPhayMSLPsmiMSLPgabMSLPmtgMSLPfor700
rhmel
850
temp
min
9am
12noon
3pm
3pmdpt

gfsprecip
syn
type
offprecis
climatology
prob
TS
prob
FOG
raw
MIN
raw
MAX
raw
PoP
raw
QPF
Initial1024.41022.11027.81026.41024.310146.38.912.5
15.7
20.3
22.5
10.7
--------
Mon-15-4-201910211020.41023.31024.51018.71011.59010.2034MOSTLY SUNNY
13-25 13.7-25.5 10% 0- 0 (4% 0)
0.7%5.9%15.325.512.6%1.6
Tue-16-4-20191020.91020.81020.21024.11016.71013.679.413.6020MOSTLY SUNNY
16-27 16.8-27.3 0% 0- 0 (6% 0)
2.3%0.1%1828.116.8%2.4
Wed-17-4-20191017.81020.41013.81022.61013.11020.868.317.3035WIND EASING PARTLY CLOUDY
18-27 18.8-26.7 20% 0- 0 (21% 0)
2.2%0.4%19.928.564.8%4.9
Thu-18-4-20191027.51025.71025.41024.81029.21024.2302.50.626PARTLY CLOUDY
14-19 14.4-20.1 30% 0-0.4 (23% 0)
0.2%2.2%13.918.351.1%1.3
Fri-19-4-201910281026.61031.11030.51027.71012.3459.3032MOSTLY SUNNY
10-25 10.6-26 0% 0- 0 (14% 0)
1.1%22.7%12.221.95%0.4
Sat-20-4-20191022.31022.31022.51026.910181018.43012.2034MOSTLY SUNNY
14-28 14.8-28.1 20% 0- 0 (16% 0)
1.1%3.2%11.828.630.7%3.2
Sun-21-4-20191012.51014.91010.91019.41014.11028.762.114.19.119SHOWER OR TWO
18-25 18.6-24.9 50% 0- 10 (47% 1
8.7%0.1%17.326.890%5.5
Mon-22-4-20191019.51022.31013.61015.81021.51029.548.7-1.10.639Empty
11.3-19.7 39% 1.9
1.8%0.4%12.216.365.3%1.6
Tue-23-4-20191022.31026.21015.11018.91022.31023.164.43.80.939Empty
11.3-19.7 39% 1.9
1.4%0.3%11.417.830.1%0.6
Wed-24-4-20191018.91022.71013.61020.11014.31016.7414.8038Empty
11.3-19.7 39% 1.9
1.3%0.1%11.319.826.2%3.3
Thu-25-4-20191004.91010.19991004.31006.91022.5903.96.339Empty
11.3-19.7 39% 1.9
2.1%0.3%12.21886.4%2.6
Fri-26-4-20191014.11019.81009.61009.61016.41026.3832.41.939Empty
11.3-19.7 39% 1.9
1.4%0.3%11.417.172.8%1.8
Sat-27-4-20191022.31025.41015.11020.61021.71023.1304.2039Empty
11.3-19.7 39% 1.9
0.6%0.3%10.918.430.1%0.6
Sun-28-4-20191024.81026.31019.31023.21023.21018305.4022Empty
11.3-19.7 39% 1.9
1%1.5%10.220.316.9%0.9
Day 151018.41021.21013.51019.51015.21021.13210.30oooooooooooooooooooooooo

DAYDATEWEATHER
(Melbourne)
WIND
(Melbourne Airport)
TEMPERATURES, RAINFALL, PHENOMENA
(Melbourne Olympic Park Site)
WEEK 1
Mon15-4-2019A cool night then a warm day. Patches of early fog followed by a sunny morning. Cloudy at times during the afternoon, but without precipitation.
PRECIS: EARLY FOG
Mainly moderate wind, from a northerly direction at about 15 km/hr during the morning and from a north to northeasterly direction, also at about 15 km/hr, during the afternoon. Gusts to around 45 km/hr.TEMPERATURES 13.7°C to 25.2°C
RAINFALL 0mm (amount) 7% (probability)
FOG 6% (probability)
THUNDER 1% (probability)
Tue16-4-2019A mild night then a warm day. Clear skies and sunshine.
PRECIS: SUNNY
Mainly moderate to fresh wind, from a northerly direction at about 25 km/hr during the morning and continuing to be from a northerly direction, also at about 25 km/hr, during the afternoon. Gusts to around 55 km/hr.TEMPERATURES 16.6°C to 27.5°C
RAINFALL 0mm (amount) 4% (probability)
FOG 0% (probability)
THUNDER 2% (probability)
Wed17-4-2019A very mild night then a warm day. Breezy and cloudy at times, but without precipitation.
PRECIS: WINDY
Mainly fresh wind, from a northerly direction at about 35 km/hr during the morning and continuing to be from a northerly direction, also at about 35 km/hr, during the afternoon. Gusts to around 70 km/hr.TEMPERATURES 18.7°C to 27.9°C
RAINFALL 0mm (amount) 24% (probability)
FOG 0% (probability)
THUNDER 2% (probability)
Thu18-4-2019A mild night then a mild day. Cloudy at times during the morning with just the chance of a shower or two. Sunny periods during the afternoon.
PRECIS: POSSIBLE SHOWER
Mainly light to moderate wind, from a west to southwesterly direction at about 15 km/hr during the morning and from a southerly direction, also at about 15 km/hr, during the afternoon. Gusts to around 35 km/hr.TEMPERATURES 14.9°C to 19.1°C
RAINFALL 0mm (amount) 45% (probability)
FOG 2% (probability)
THUNDER 0% (probability)
Fri19-4-2019A cool night then a mild to warm day. Fog then sunny but hazy at times.
PRECIS: EARLY FOG
Mainly light wind, from a northwesterly direction at about 5 km/hr during the morning and from a south to southeasterly direction at about 10 km/hr during the afternoon. Gusts to around 30 km/hr.TEMPERATURES 11.4°C to 24.4°C
RAINFALL 0mm (amount) 2% (probability)
FOG 23% (probability)
THUNDER 1% (probability)
Sat20-4-2019A mild night then a very warm day. Cloudy at times, but without precipitation.
PRECIS: PARTLY CLOUDY
Mainly moderate wind, from a northerly direction at about 15 km/hr during the morning and from a north to northeasterly direction, also at about 15 km/hr, during the afternoon. Gusts to around 45 km/hr.TEMPERATURES 14.6°C to 28.1°C
RAINFALL 0mm (amount) 25% (probability)
FOG 3% (probability)
THUNDER 1% (probability)
Sun21-4-2019A mild night then a warm day. Cloudy at times with a few showers.
PRECIS: SHOWERS
Mainly moderate to fresh wind, from a northerly direction at about 30 km/hr during the morning and continuing to be from a northerly direction, but at about 25 km/hr, during the afternoon. Gusts to around 60 km/hr.TEMPERATURES 17.6°C to 25°C
RAINFALL 3.3mm (amount) 66% (probability)
FOG 0% (probability)
THUNDER 9% (probability)

DAYDATEWEATHER
(Melbourne)
WIND
(Melbourne Airport)
TEMPERATURES, RAINFALL, PHENOMENA
(Melbourne Olympic Park Site)
WEEK 2
Mon22-4-2019A cool night then a cool to mild day. Cloudy. Just a few showers during the morning, increasing to rain during the afternoon.
PRECIS: RAIN
Mainly moderate to fresh wind, from a west to northwesterly direction at about 20 km/hr during the morning and from a westerly direction at about 25 km/hr during the afternoon. Gusts to around 55 km/hr.TEMPERATURES 12.7°C to 17.5°C
RAINFALL 1.9mm (amount) 70% (probability)
FOG 0% (probability)
THUNDER 2% (probability)
Tue23-4-2019A cool night then a cool to mild day. Cloudy at times with a few showers.
PRECIS: SHOWERS
Mainly moderate to fresh wind, from a west to northwesterly direction at about 20 km/hr during the morning and from a westerly direction at about 25 km/hr during the afternoon. Gusts to around 55 km/hr.TEMPERATURES 12°C to 18.2°C
RAINFALL 1.3mm (amount) 60% (probability)
FOG 0% (probability)
THUNDER 1% (probability)
Wed24-4-2019A cool night then a mild day. Breezy and cloudy at times, but without precipitation.
PRECIS: WINDY
Mainly fresh wind, from a northerly direction at about 35 km/hr during the morning and continuing to be from a northerly direction, also at about 35 km/hr, during the afternoon. Gusts to around 65 km/hr.TEMPERATURES 11.8°C to 19.9°C
RAINFALL 0mm (amount) 32% (probability)
FOG 0% (probability)
THUNDER 1% (probability)
Thu25-4-2019A cool night then a cool to mild day. Cloudy. Just a few showers during the morning, increasing to rain during the afternoon.
PRECIS: RAIN
Mainly moderate to fresh wind, from a west to northwesterly direction at about 20 km/hr during the morning and from a westerly direction at about 25 km/hr during the afternoon. Gusts to around 55 km/hr.TEMPERATURES 12.6°C to 18.8°C
RAINFALL 2.7mm (amount) 72% (probability)
FOG 0% (probability)
THUNDER 2% (probability)
Fri26-4-2019A cool night then a cool to mild day. Cloudy. A few showers developing during the afternoon.
PRECIS: SHOWERS LATER
Mainly moderate to fresh wind, from a west to northwesterly direction at about 20 km/hr during the morning and from a westerly direction at about 25 km/hr during the afternoon. Gusts to around 55 km/hr.TEMPERATURES 11.9°C to 18.2°C
RAINFALL 1.1mm (amount) 58% (probability)
FOG 0% (probability)
THUNDER 1% (probability)
Sat27-4-2019A cool night then a mild day. Sunny periods during the morning. Becoming cloudy during the afternoon, but without precipitation.
PRECIS: BECOMING CLOUDY
Mainly moderate to fresh wind, from a west to northwesterly direction at about 20 km/hr during the morning and from a westerly direction at about 25 km/hr during the afternoon. Gusts to around 55 km/hr.TEMPERATURES 11.7°C to 19.2°C
RAINFALL 0mm (amount) 26% (probability)
FOG 0% (probability)
THUNDER 1% (probability)
Sun28-4-2019A cool night then a mild day. Sunny periods during the morning. Becoming cloudy during the afternoon, but without precipitation.
PRECIS: BECOMING CLOUDY
Mainly moderate wind, from a northerly direction at about 25 km/hr during the morning and continuing to be from a northerly direction, also at about 25 km/hr, during the afternoon. Gusts to around 50 km/hr.TEMPERATURES 11.2°C to 20°C
RAINFALL 0mm (amount) 24% (probability)
FOG 1% (probability)
THUNDER 1% (probability)

DAYDATEWEATHER
(Melbourne)
WIND
(Melbourne City)
TEMPERATURES, RAINFALL, PHENOMENA
(Melbourne Olympic Park Site)
WEEK 1
Mon15-4-2019A cool night then a warm day. Patches of early fog followed by a sunny morning. Cloudy at times during the afternoon, but without precipitation.
PRECIS: EARLY FOG
Mainly light to moderate wind, from a northeasterly direction at about 5 km/hr during the morning and from a north to northeasterly direction at about 10 km/hr, during the afternoon. Gusts to around 35 km/hr.TEMPERATURES 13.7°C to 25.2°C
RAINFALL 0mm (amount) 7% (probability)
FOG 6% (probability)
THUNDER 1% (probability)
Tue16-4-2019A mild night then a warm day. Clear skies and sunshine.
PRECIS: SUNNY
Mainly moderate wind, from a north to northeasterly direction at about 12 km/hr during the morning and from a northerly direction at about 15 km/hr, during the afternoon. Gusts to around 45 km/hr.TEMPERATURES 16.6°C to 27.5°C
RAINFALL 0mm (amount) 4% (probability)
FOG 0% (probability)
THUNDER 2% (probability)
Wed17-4-2019A very mild night then a warm day. Breezy and cloudy at times, but without precipitation.
PRECIS: WINDY
Mainly moderate to fresh wind, from a north to northeasterly direction at about 20 km/hr during the morning and from a northerly direction, also at about 20 km/hr, during the afternoon. Gusts to around 60 km/hr.TEMPERATURES 18.7°C to 27.9°C
RAINFALL 0mm (amount) 24% (probability)
FOG 0% (probability)
THUNDER 2% (probability)
Thu18-4-2019A mild night then a mild day. Cloudy at times during the morning with just the chance of a shower or two. Sunny periods during the afternoon.
PRECIS: POSSIBLE SHOWER
Mainly light to moderate wind, from a west to southwesterly direction at about 8 km/hr during the morning and from a south to southwesterly direction at about 12 km/hr, during the afternoon. Gusts to around 35 km/hr.TEMPERATURES 14.9°C to 19.1°C
RAINFALL 0mm (amount) 45% (probability)
FOG 2% (probability)
THUNDER 0% (probability)
Fri19-4-2019A cool night then a mild to warm day. Fog then sunny but hazy at times.
PRECIS: EARLY FOG
Mainly light wind, from a variable direction at about 3 km/hr during the morning and from a southerly direction at about 8 km/hr during the afternoon. Gusts to around 25 km/hr.TEMPERATURES 11.4°C to 24.4°C
RAINFALL 0mm (amount) 2% (probability)
FOG 23% (probability)
THUNDER 1% (probability)
Sat20-4-2019A mild night then a very warm day. Cloudy at times, but without precipitation.
PRECIS: PARTLY CLOUDY
Mainly light to moderate wind, from a northeasterly direction at about 5 km/hr during the morning and from a north to northeasterly direction at about 10 km/hr, during the afternoon. Gusts to around 35 km/hr.TEMPERATURES 14.6°C to 28.1°C
RAINFALL 0mm (amount) 25% (probability)
FOG 3% (probability)
THUNDER 1% (probability)
Sun21-4-2019A mild night then a warm day. Cloudy at times with a few showers.
PRECIS: SHOWERS
Mainly moderate wind, from a north to northeasterly direction at about 15 km/hr during the morning and from a northerly direction at about 20 km/hr, during the afternoon. Gusts to around 50 km/hr.TEMPERATURES 17.6°C to 25°C
RAINFALL 3.3mm (amount) 66% (probability)
FOG 0% (probability)
THUNDER 9% (probability)

DAYDATEWEATHER
(Melbourne)
WIND
(Melbourne City)
TEMPERATURES, RAINFALL, PHENOMENA
(Melbourne Olympic Park Site)
WEEK 2
Mon22-4-2019A cool night then a cool to mild day. Cloudy. Just a few showers during the morning, increasing to rain during the afternoon.
PRECIS: RAIN
Mainly moderate wind, from a west to northwesterly direction at about 15 km/hr during the morning and from a westerly direction at about 20 km/hr during the afternoon. Gusts to around 50 km/hr.TEMPERATURES 12.7°C to 17.5°C
RAINFALL 1.9mm (amount) 70% (probability)
FOG 0% (probability)
THUNDER 2% (probability)
Tue23-4-2019A cool night then a cool to mild day. Cloudy at times with a few showers.
PRECIS: SHOWERS
Mainly moderate wind, from a west to northwesterly direction at about 15 km/hr during the morning and from a westerly direction at about 20 km/hr during the afternoon. Gusts to around 50 km/hr.TEMPERATURES 12°C to 18.2°C
RAINFALL 1.3mm (amount) 60% (probability)
FOG 0% (probability)
THUNDER 1% (probability)
Wed24-4-2019A cool night then a mild day. Breezy and cloudy at times, but without precipitation.
PRECIS: WINDY
Mainly moderate to fresh wind, from a northerly direction at about 20 km/hr during the morning and continuing to be from a northerly direction, but at about 25 km/hr, during the afternoon. Gusts to around 55 km/hr.TEMPERATURES 11.8°C to 19.9°C
RAINFALL 0mm (amount) 32% (probability)
FOG 0% (probability)
THUNDER 1% (probability)
Thu25-4-2019A cool night then a cool to mild day. Cloudy. Just a few showers during the morning, increasing to rain during the afternoon.
PRECIS: RAIN
Mainly moderate wind, from a west to northwesterly direction at about 15 km/hr during the morning and from a westerly direction at about 20 km/hr during the afternoon. Gusts to around 50 km/hr.TEMPERATURES 12.6°C to 18.8°C
RAINFALL 2.7mm (amount) 72% (probability)
FOG 0% (probability)
THUNDER 2% (probability)
Fri26-4-2019A cool night then a cool to mild day. Cloudy. A few showers developing during the afternoon.
PRECIS: SHOWERS LATER
Mainly moderate wind, from a west to northwesterly direction at about 15 km/hr during the morning and from a westerly direction at about 20 km/hr during the afternoon. Gusts to around 50 km/hr.TEMPERATURES 11.9°C to 18.2°C
RAINFALL 1.1mm (amount) 58% (probability)
FOG 0% (probability)
THUNDER 1% (probability)
Sat27-4-2019A cool night then a mild day. Sunny periods during the morning. Becoming cloudy during the afternoon, but without precipitation.
PRECIS: BECOMING CLOUDY
Mainly moderate wind, from a west to northwesterly direction at about 15 km/hr during the morning and from a westerly direction at about 20 km/hr during the afternoon. Gusts to around 50 km/hr.TEMPERATURES 11.7°C to 19.2°C
RAINFALL 0mm (amount) 26% (probability)
FOG 0% (probability)
THUNDER 1% (probability)
Sun28-4-2019A cool night then a mild day. Sunny periods during the morning. Becoming cloudy during the afternoon, but without precipitation.
PRECIS: BECOMING CLOUDY
Mainly moderate wind, from a northerly direction at about 12 km/hr during the morning and continuing to be from a northerly direction, but at about 15 km/hr, during the afternoon. Gusts to around 45 km/hr.TEMPERATURES 11.2°C to 20°C
RAINFALL 0mm (amount) 24% (probability)
FOG 1% (probability)
THUNDER 1% (probability)